Dr. Betty Vaughn Evans is a Pastor, Prophet, Conference and Motivational Speaker, Televangelist, Gospel Artist, Community spokesperson, Certified Faith based Counselor, Certified Restorative Therapist, and Author. Through her driven tenacity in preaching and living a victorious gospel of love and power, she has inspired and enabled many to overcome the troubles in their lives. Her life, a glorious testament to God’s ability to bring his children through tumultuous times of suffering, equipped her for ministry to the lost and hurting.
Dr. Evans pastors a church with great diversity of the haves and the have-nots and of the young and the old. Her vision is to impact and enrich the lives of others by equipping them with the spiritual, mental, physical, social and psychological tools to fulfill their manifest destiny. She urges all to a higher destiny to invoke a more noble expression of mankind. Her greatest commitment, aside from spreading the gospel, is to prevent the negative societal classification of young children.
Betty Jean Vaughn was born in Campbell, Alabama and reared in Mobile. Her parents and grandparents instilled key principles of integrity, loyalty, self sacrifice and self discipline. She dedicated her life to God at the early age of twelve when God gave her a vision of lost souls falling into oblivion of darkness. She served Christ in her home church, True light Church Of God In Christ, where she was nurtured and groomed by Elder Hunter, the mothers and the missionaries. She received the baptism of the Holy Spirit at seventeen years of age before leaving Mobile to attend Wilberforce University in Ohio. Betty Jean made profound impressions on the faculty and student body as a woman with a word for everyone as she remained true to her beginnings.
Dr. Betty Vaughn Evans and Elder Robert Evans, Sr. co-founded Storehouse Ministry Fellowship in Converse, Texas where Dr. Evans currently serves as Pastor. The church, a trend setting non-denominational congregation has grown to over 500 members in our city and 800 members worldwide since its inception in 1995. Pastor Evans flavors the spiritual meat of God with Hebraic studies to provide anointed revelations of God’s word which touch the heart and influence the actions of others. She defines her life with the motto,”I live what I say”. In her ever-increasing visibility as a mouthpiece of God, she promotes human rights, advancement through education and obedience to God’s word.
She established a media outlet through television, radio and the internet to bring the word of God to those outside the four walls of the church. Outreach ministries at Storehouse extend to those in prison, the homeless, those addited to drugs and alcohol, single mothers, battered wives, and senior citizens. God is setting the stage for Dr. Evans to reach the world arena for Christ. The humbleness of Dr. Evans towards God has allowed Him to exalt her for her greatest seat is at the feet of Christ.
In her capacity as a trailblazer, Dr. Evans operated successfully in the prophetic ministry long before it was acceptable for women to work in ministry. She truly embodies what Peter prophesied to the church, “And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:” (Acts 2:17-18)
Dr. Evans is blessed with three children, Robert Jr., James and Rochelle, and eleven grandchildren and two great-grandchildren. All her children are marked for ministry with Robert Jr. teaching life skills to young men, James presides over the sound ministry and Rochelle is the youth pastor.
Betty Vaughn Evans, Doctorate of Divinity
14145 Nacogdoches Rd.
San Antonio, TX 78247
• To impact and enrich the lives of others by equipping them with the spiritual, mental, physical, social and psychological tools to fulfill their manifest destiny.
• To combat generational poverty by providing tutoring, mentoring (ranging from starting small businesses to male role models to development of artistic talents), life skills training, financial management, health fairs, grooming in parenting skills, and social advocacy.
• To promote and teach self empowerment through education and voting; positive self esteem through self acceptance, self-appreciation and salvation; and strong secure family/community ties by focusing on love, attention and a sense of belonging for children.
Appearances and Honors:
• TBN Interview for Unlocking My Generic Code, 2009 & 2011
• Member, Kingdom Council headed by Bishop David & Dr. Claudette Copeland, June 2010
• Reformation of His Glory Conference, Belton, Texas, 2010, Keynote Speaker
• Radio Interview with Pastor Randy Garcia for Unlocking My GeneticCode, 2009
• Mannafest Conference, Los Angeles , California, 2008 Guest Speaker
• Awakening Revival, Keynote Speaker, Miami, Florida, 2008
• Marquis Who’s Who in the World, 2006- present, Pioneering Women
• Saved Magazine, 2007, feature article, Empowering Women
• Madison Who’s Who in America, 2006, Executives and Professionals
• Hurricane Katrina Evacuation Relief Chaplain, 2006
• Women’s History Month Speaker and Honoree at Fort Sam Houston, 2006
• San Antonio Express News 2003, feature article ‘Women following their call’
• Christian Beacon Magazine, 2003, feature article, “Miracles"
• Member, National Association of Professional Women
• Established a second church in Killeen, Texas in March 2011
• Published Author, Unlocking my Genetic Code
• Keynote speaker at one of the largest MLK Marches in the world
• Featured in local and national publications for empowering and pioneering efforts
• Special recognition from Governors Kathleen Blanco & Rick Perry & San Antonio Mayor Hardberger for participation in local relief efforts for Hurricanes Rita and Katrina
• Academy Certified Chaplain, Homeland Security Level 1, American Psychological Association
• Elected by Christian Delegates at Annual Christians United for Israel (CUFI) Conference as spokesperson for District 11 (represented 21,000 individuals) Washington, D.C.
• Texas State Chairperson, National Republican Business Advisory Committee, 2005
• Licensed Restorative Faith Based Councilor, 1995
Storehouse Ministry Fellowship Intl., Senior Pastor
• Founded ministry which currently consists of approximately 200 members
• Supervision of 2 assistant pastors and 5 ministers
• Current ministries in operation:
Feeding and Clothing the Homeless
Prison visitations and services
Nursing home visitations and services
Dance therapy and competitive cheer teams
Life Skills and GED Training
Mens’ and Womens’ Fellowship
Marriage and Family Counseling